- Soil should be free draining.
- Full sun until 11am or constant light shade cloth
- Plants must sit in water - it must either sit in water in a saucer or sit in at least 4cm of water in a pond or shallow tray, there should be uptake or evaporation visible daily when sitting in a saucer, and when sitting in a tray or shallow pond, the top of the soil or slightly below should be moist. in both instances if this is not the case, then there is a problem with either soil, light or temperature that must be addressed
- Slow down moisture levels in Autumn/Winter if you see the plant is dying down and do not allow them to freeze, add more moisture from spring onwards
- PLEASE NOTE AS THE SEASONS CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF WATER NEEDED BY THE PLANT CHANGES. YOU WILL NEED TO GAUGE YOUR PLANTS REQUIREMENTS BY LOOKING AT HOW THE PLANT RESPONDS TO THE AMOUNT OF WATER GIVEN, PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE UNSURE OR SPEAK TO OTHER LOCAL COLOCASIA OWNERS TO SEE HOW THEY MANAGE MOISTURE LEVELS IN YOUR AREA.
- Provide fertilizer when potting and then regularly (less in winter)
- WARMTH (NO AIR CON)
In time you can adapt your plant to your own environment but to start this plant off you need to provide the above
To prevent this plant being eaten by chewing and sucking insects, use Maverick mixed with Spredmax every 2-4 weeks
This plant will benefit from the use of our Growers Prescription© Colocasia/Alocasia/caladium Care Treatment available on our website under the Growers Prescription tab.
Back to the Colocasia Page